Still Wish You Were Here
‘Still Wish You Were Here’. Members of Yes, Genesis, Deep Purple Play Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd’s 1975 album, “Wish You Were Here”, is the subject of a new tribute album. From an all-star lineup of rock and metal stars. “Still Wish You Were Here, is coming out on May 28, 2021. Including performances from keyboard wizard Rick Wakeman, Steve Hackett, Rod Argent, Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice, Todd Rundgren, and more!
Pink Floyd‘s original release was a musically and emotionally complex tribute to the band’s former leader, Syd Barrett. Whose deteriorating mental health causes his departure from the band in 1968. Furthermore, this new release, brings together fellow rock stars to recreate the “synthesis of brilliant, multi-part suites, poignant ballads. As well as heady melodic rockers that Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason realized on the album.”
Listen to “Welcome to the Machine” from the new album:
Still Wish You Were Here also includes performances from ex-Queensrÿche vocalist Geoff Tate, Joe Satriani, Billy Sheehan, Patrick Moraz. As well as Geoff Downes, Dream Theater vocalist James LaBrie, Bootsy Collins, Carmine Appice, Tony Levin, PiL’s Jah Wobble, and more!
The Pink Floyd tribute album is available, via Cleopatra Records, on both CD in a six-panel deluxe digipak and a gatefold LP in a variety of colors.
Still Wish You Were Here Track and Musicians Listing
- Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5) – Geoff Tate, Steve Hackett, Billy Sheehan, Mel Collins, Geoff Downes, Ian Paice
- Welcome to the Machine – Todd Rundgren, Rick Wakeman, Tony Levin
- Have a Cigar – James LaBrie, Steve Stevens, Patrick Moraz, Rat Scabies, Jah Wobble
- Wish You Were Here – Rik Emmett, Joe Satriani, Edgar Froese, David Ellefson, Carmine Appice
- Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9) – Rod Argent, Steve Hillage, Ian Paice, Bootsy Collins
Help us with our mission of Keeping the Blues Alive in schools!
To learn more or donate to Keeping The Blues Alive, visit our website at https://keepingthebluesalive.org/
Credits: Best Classic Bands